Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

More People!!!

Ours is a large, loud, and tight family.  We actually don't see each other often and when we all get together (four generations at this point) there are somewhere between 35 ad 40 of us.  Yes, I lose count and as such am happy to be blamed for Victoria's math skills or lack thereof. 

My parent's are to blame for all of this, they are each one of two siblings in their families.  I, however, am second of seven.  Victoria is grandchild #5, granddaughter #2, and #1 in our hearts and minds.  When my son Alex was born (#1 grandchild) he called my father 'pop-pop' and my mother 'granmonna.'  It stuck and hence the identifiers below, although Victoria says she tried to write 'grandmommy' on the drawing. 

I always love the shoes on anyone wearing pants, they are a perfect fit for the design, although the crotch is often at the hem of the shirt, I don't think I have ever seen a belt, just don't need 'em.  My mother's dress is in keeping with her attire, the hearts a great adornment.  And of course you can tell their a couple, cause they're holding hands!  They have been married over 55 years, lots of hand holding over the years!

Pop-pop and Granmonna

What is not obvious from the drawing is that my parents are 6'2" and 6' respectively.  It's all in the hands/eyes of the beholder.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pop-Pop and Grandmonna! I can definitely see their personality in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete